Self Employed Work and Residence Permit

Apply today!

Let us help you start a business in Spain and gain Spanish residence!

Request Now!

The self-employed work and residence permit is for those who wish to set up a business in Spain. The main requirements for this type of permit is that you can prove you have plenty of financial resources to support yourself (minimum 40.000 EUR), you have a clean medical and police certificate and you are capable of carrying out the proposed activity.

Who is entitled

We can apply and obtain a work and residency permit for any person with sufficient financial means to open a business in Spain. The immigration authorities will take into account the following:

  1. The potential creation of new jobs, capital contribution, new technologies and improvement of production conditions.
  2. Proof of having enough financial means to carry out the project. 1
  3. Proof of having the professional capacity to carry out the project. 2
  4. The existence of a regime of reciprocity in the country of origin.
  5. Medical and criminal record clearance.

  1. Depending on the business or venture and number of investors, we recommend a minimum of 60.000 ˆ for a sole applicant. This rule is not fixed and it may vary between countries and type of investment. In any event this investment remains safely deposited in the name of the applicant. As soon as the bank certificate for the sum deposited is issued you can return the entire amount at any time to your account in your home country if you wish.

  2. Some activities do not require a professional capacity or qualification, such as restaurants, hotels, retail shops, import-export businesses etc. We shall be happy to offer advice in greater detail as to favourable business projects for residency application purposes. We can also introduce our clients to reputable independent agencies specialising in the purchase of suitable and appropriate existing businesses.

In this way Lawbird Immigration Services will provide full end-to-end management of your work permit and residency application.